Who We Are
AkoyaSM enables consumers to provide third-party access to their financial data in a safe, secure, and transparent way.
Akoya is composed of highly motivated, experienced individuals who are passionate about every aspect of consumer-permissioned data access, and are active participants and recognized thought leaders in data aggregation.
Our diverse team of innovators understands the needs of both data providers (financial institutions) and data recipients (aggregators and FinTechs) and plays a prominent role in influencing data-access policy and governance.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Akoya is built on the following principles
- Consumers have the right to access their own data where and when they want, and to provide that data to third parties.
- Data access and sharing must must be done in a safe, secure, and transparent manner.
- Consumers should provide affirmative consent and instructions to institutions to permit third parties to access their data.
- Third parties should access the minimum amount of data they need, in order to provide the service for which the consumers provided access.
- Consumers should be able to monitor who has access to their data and revoke access easily.
WHERE WE COME FROM
Where we come from
Akoya is a wholly owned subsidiary of FMR LLC, the parent company of Fidelity Investments. Our legacy as a trusted custodian of financial data allows us to bring institutional thinking to the world of data aggregation and data access. Our independent and specialized focus allows us to be a pathfinder in the quest for an industry-wide solution to the data-security challenge.